Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Tuesday, November 29

Thanksgiving...

I spent Thanksgiving in WISCONSIN. That is so weird. BUT I had never seen a great lake before and I must say, Lake Michigan is quite beautiful. I was informed by my hostess that, technically, the great lakes are not really lakes at all, but "large freshwater seas". SO - here is a pic of Large Freshwater Sea Michigan from the sitting room of my buddy Hillary's parents home

I also "enjoyed" over 45 hours in the seated position either in a plane or car in a period of 4 days. Boo. My butt is killing me.

In the plane (because really you are not ON the plane, you are in it) I was graced to read American Way the American Airlines Sky Mag. This was nothing less than disturbing. At first I though the most disturbing thing was an ad for luxury condos that haven't even been built yet in Las Vegas.

But then I saw this.

Wow.

1 comment:

Mark Baker-Wright said...

Wikipedia does not seem to give a distinct definition between a "lake" and a "sea," indicating that the terms are somewhat flexible. The heck with your hostess, call it a "lake" if you want to. ;)

By the way, you REALLY should visit sometime when you can actually WALK on the "lake," as my wife and I did on Lake Huron just after we got engaged. (Suffice it to say, it's cold in that part of Michigan at Christmastime!)