Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Friday, September 23

New School year

Welcome week is just about over and tonight is the big kick-off "party" for the school. I get to work a 12 hour day today! Wahoo! Maybe this will help pay off my vacation!
I think this quarter is going to be really good for my soul. As Sarah Groves sings, "it's been a hard year, but I'm pulling out of the rubble."
Mom and Dad are buying me headshots for my birthday - I am getting them done by my friend and pro photographer Cory Anderson. I'll get his website info up on a link later.
Sooooo - Sunday night at 5:30 pm - what is known as "the magic hour" in film - when the light is perfect, right before sunset, is my appt. SO EXCITED!
Anyway, lots of cool bros and sis's to be had this year, and lots of new life sprouting in between the cracks. (lots of music references today - hmmmm)
I promise more photos soon. As soon as I figure out what rachel meant in her comment to me!

On another note, the reading of the Harry Potter is going well. I have 8 more chapters in book 5 "The Order of the Phoenix" left, which means I would have achieved my goal of reading 1-5 in the month before school starts. I look forward to the November (?) release of movie 4, especially because I want to see what they include and cut out for the sake of time.
I saw a great bumper sticker: Republicans for Voldemort.

1 comment:

Mark Baker-Wright said...

Re: Republicans for Voldemort.

Have you seen this one?: Frodo Has Failed!