Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Wednesday, March 8

Sunday, I did not believe in God

Last Sunday, I forgot how to believe in God. I had a wrestling match with God, or doubt, or an angel or whatever, and felt alone and ouch and crippled and blecchkkk.
This verse attacked me yesterday while working on a paper about the problem of evil.


"Though the fig tree does not blossom,
and no fruit is on the vines;
though the produce of the olive fails

and the fields yield no food;
though the flock is cut off from the fold

and there is no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD
i will exult in the God of my salvation.
GOD, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of the deer,
and makes me tread upon the heights"


Habakkuk 3.17-19

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Hey, Sunday you might not have been believing in God but God was believing in you. Thanks for sharing - I loved it!

Peace out!