Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Saturday, June 17

wow

It is 10:50pm on Saturday PM and the Dodgers and A's are in bottom of the 17th inning - score is 4-4. Yup, that is what I said - the SEVENTEENTH!!!!!!! INNING!!!!!!! The last time the Dodgers went 16 innings was like four years ago, but I can't remember against who. The last time the A's went 16 was.... I dunno. Five hour game so far friends. They must be really tired. I am tired just watching it for goodness sake!
The longest game in history was 8 hours and 6 minutes and was freaking 25 innings long! I believe it was in '84, and I believe it was Chicago White Sox and Milwakee Brewers with Chicago taking it 7-6. Look it up on www.MLB.com to check me. I also see to recall that the most innings played was 26, but the game was still less than 8h6m - and I think that was like in 1920 in Boston or something. Again...check me on that.

I think we should win.

And by the way, "we" means the A's.

No comments: