Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Wednesday, August 23

Toddlers and Jesus

It occurred to me this morning that in the whole "infinity/timeless" dealio- meaning the whole day is like a minute, thousand years like a day thing - that we are all toddlers in the age-eyes of God.

This makes me feel like my bratty/leavemealone/Icandoitmyselfthankyouverymuch attitude may actually be relatively natural. I picture myself running naked away from bathtime, all soapy and giggly! Ah Freedom! *skip-skip-skip* *shriek of laughter*

Cool! I am a terrible-two and God expects that!
"Suffer not the little children to come unto me!"

Now, if I can just move beyond using it as an excuse...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MIchelle, I am crying from reading this latest post . I assure you, tears of joy and profound proudness (is that a word?) and respect for you that you share your cognitive delectables with us. Blessings on you and on those you love.........
We must see you in September, some way, some how.
"See you in September" - which of course reminds me of a song when I was young.

rachel said...

naked, huh?

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful! I just caught up reading your blogs since the last time I posted - July? We are all toddlers in God's eyes. Christ said we only had to have the faith of a child to make it into heaven. I believe he meant that. Children trust a lot. They don't even realize they don't know a lot but trust "us" to guide them, hold their hand.
I am so happy for you and Paul. Can't wait to meet him someday. Thanks for the picture! He is handsome. Great smile.
I hope I was one of the 2 aunts you mentioned in one of your blogs that said 2 aunts read your blogs. I am.
Remember - life is what happens while you are making other plans. I did not quote that, and I forget who said it to begin with but it is so true.
Love you lots! God Bless! Aunt Michelle