Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Friday, August 18

You people are sneaky!

Ok - I have HAD it with you sneaky "I read your blog but you would never know it because I don't make comments unless I randomly see you on campus" people!!!!!
I did not realize that people actually read this thing. I figured it was just my two aunts and Rachel and B-W. Whom by the way, I am grateful for your comments!
Anyway.... thank you to the peeps who casually congratulated me on my new head in the clouds mentality. I am sure that if P-Dog knew that I was posting copious amounts of mushiness about him for the world to see, I would be exiled to Mars, so I guess it's good that he doesn't so much keep up on this thing! (HA! HA! I can tell secrets about us and he shall never know!!!!! Huzzah!)

Other things going on in life:
I am looking for some change (yeah... I know, like I need any more, right?!) I am feeling this huge Esther type preparation anointing thing going on in my spirit (to which P-Dog commented, "What? You have the anointing to be a PROSTITUTE?!" No, honey, but thanks for checking. : Grrrr.)
Brother is getting healthier. Baby steps to the door....baby steps to the street... I am cautiously optimistic - PROGRESS!!!! I am proud of him for some new/different choices he has made.

IMPORTANT!!!!!
KATIE AND NICK ARE ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did it on the sand dunes in Michigan not last night but the night before. SO sweet! He tricked her into thinking they were going to a movie, but then it got all cancelled, and at the dunes he was all "Do you want some water?" and she was like "ok" and instead of giving her the water to drink, he like totally washed her feet and then, like, totally proposed. Like, oh my Gosh. :)
Way to go Nick - you rock!
Congratulations to my dear sweet sister Katie, whom I miss terribly and look forward to seeing very much.

Hmmm...lets see... what else?
Oh, Jesus and I have been having lots of talks about life and future and happy-hard things. It's time to step up to the plate folks. And I am learning that being ondeck is much, much, much easier. Why can't I just be the great nice player that sits on the bench and encourages everybody else to play well???? I am good at that! Coach has basically told me that homeruns don't count in batting practice. It's time to get off the bench, and get in the game. The scary part is I know I am up against a conniving, experienced pitcher. The not scary part is I have the best teammates ever. But teammates don't go to bat for you, they just encourage you to smack it out of the park. I can do that I think. Heck, I've been in the minors long enough.
I think that is just about as far as I would like to take this analogy today. (But I am sure there will be more... it is a baseball analogy after all :) )

Some upcoming events I am looking forward to:
PDog home
Padres Game
See Mom/Dad (Ben?)
See Beckin/Kevy (don't ask)
A'S GAME
Etta James

To life!

4 comments:

Mark Baker-Wright said...

I like the baseball "on-the-bench vs. step-up-to-the-plate" analogy. I'm working on that one myself, if probably in not *quite* the same way you are. ;)

Anonymous said...

the events you are looking forward to... does that mean you are coming north? will there be time for berkeley? re brother - i used cautious but hopeful. God works, indeed.

Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd own up to the lurker call-out you just made. I've been reading for a while, but this is my first comment... other than that on-campus one the other day :)

Sooooo... tag?

Mimi said...

are you sure I was talkin' about you?????
:)