Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Tuesday, November 6

Things I Can/Can't Control

Can:
My alarm clock time
My oven
The speed of my car
My mouth
How much TV I watch
The people I let hug me
The people I let hurt me
How fast I type
How slow I walk
The color of my hair today and tomorrow
The smell of my breath after coffee
My pants size
The vegetables I eat
Where I spend my money

Can't:
What time it is
Pizza ovens at Bravo
The speed of the internet
GWB's mouth
What the kids next door watch on TV
The people whom I hug
The people whom I hurt
How fast monkeys type
How slow opposums walk
The color of the lilies of the field
The smell of Paul's breath in the morning
The pants industry
The vegetables our neighbor's kid eats
Where UMCOR spends money

Won't:
What time you wake up
The temp of your oven
The speed of your process
Your mouth
What you watch on TV
The people whom you hug
The people whom you hurt
How fast you type
How slow you walk
The color of your hair - ever
The smell of your breath after chocolate
Your pants size
Your veggie plate
Where you spend your money


Ahhh. Freedom.

No comments: