Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Sunday, February 12

Starting a church is good for the soul

So my friends Maria (how DO you solve a problem like Maria?) and Mickey (he's so fine he blows my mind!) started a church because we wanted to actually BE a church in real life!!!
Soon came along Andrea and Kyle and Jamie and Katrina and Mark and Thies. Wow - this this is growing pretty quick like. I guess I just wanted to let you all know that for the first time in 4 years I looked forward to going to church. Kinda sad considering I worked for churches all in the past four years.
I realize that I am on the recovery from major burn out. You would think that it wouldn't take too long to recover, but apparently it has taken me quite a while.
The great news is that I was beginning to wonder if I would ever be able to go to church again without being nauseus for 3 days after - good news- no sickness in a month and a half. God is using this community to heal my heart - FINALLY!!!!!!
I actually sang worship music today with a full heart- i have been waiting for that to stir up again for a while too.

I love God so much. God knows me so well and touches my leperous heart anyway. God strokes my hair and reads me love poems and whispers sweet nothings into my ears and loves loves loves me - what an honor to have the creator of the universe hold your hand and kiss the nape of your neck.
I am honored to be the bride.
May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you, my God - my Rock - my Redeemer.

1 comment:

Mark Baker-Wright said...

I realize that I am on the recovery from major burn out. You would think that it wouldn't take too long to recover, but apparently it has taken me quite a while.

Speaking as one who has had to recover from burn out (and arguably is having to do so again), and lives with someone who has definitely had to recover from burn out, I'm not at all surprised to hear that is taking quite a while. I think a lot of folks out there would be very surprised at how long burn out recovery takes!

I hope that this new church is a source of recovery for you, rather than becoming just "one more place" to be burned out from.