Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Tuesday, April 3

Just Married!

Wow. I am married.
Last Friday, March 30, 2007 - Paul and I exchanged vows, rings, laughs and love and now we are hitched.
I gotta tell ya - it is a surreal experience. It truly is one of those things that you don't know what it is like until you are there doing it. And even then - I am not sure if you know what it is like because you are in this foggy place of "what am I doing?" and the whole day is just hitting you upside the head.
It's fabulous really.

Some noteworthy moments:
1) When Paul and I entered the chapel during the processional, there was like this huge gasp. I thought a flower arrangement had fallen over. I was thinking, "Uh-Oh. What happened? Stay calm. Don't look around like a fool." We walked forward, and the arrangements looked fine. I had this little moment of epiphany - people gasped AT ME! (I don't think I looked THAT BAD!)
ANYWAY - at the reception, our friend Erin told me it was the first wedding she had been at where people gasped when the bride entered. WOW! That felt great!

2) Paul was SO hot. Oh my gosh - that kinda hotness shouldn't be legal! He is such a wonderful person. We worked so hard together to make this day reflect our theology and philosophy and lifestyle - and it worked out great. All that to say that God was merciful and gracious to us - it was pouring rain 3 days before on Tuesday - and on Friday we took all our pictures outside in 80 degree slightly breezy goodness.

3) Raymond - Anny's Beau - bought me a Diet Coke at the last minute. So cool.

4) The men were so relaxed before service that the guys all played cards in the Groom's Room. Paul has some amazing dudes in his life. Anthony and Mike and their wives are amazing people that I can't wait to get to know better and better. I am so glad the new friends are so accepting and loving and full of vigor and talent!

5) Miss Rachel - photographess extraordinare took some AMAZING shots..... she is truly one of the best photographers I have ever worked with. SHE IS WORTH FLYING OUT TO DO YOUR WEDDING/HEADSHOTS/PREGNANT PICTURES!!!!!!! Seriously - hire this woman - she is wonderful!

Thanks to all who were there in body and in spirit! We look forward to the big blow out in Summer!!!!!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

The photos are gorgous! We hired Rachel and just took our engagement photos yesterday. I think she's amazing already and I have yet to see any photos of ourselves yet.