Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Tuesday, April 17

WICKED

A group of us saw "Wicked" the musical Sunday night.
I think it was the best show, overall, that I have ever seen.
Anyone who knows me knows that statement says a lot.

I think it is the only show in my life that I can walk away from saying
"It was, literally, perfect."


I stand in solidarity with my friend Ryan who made this simple comments:
"I am still reeling."


This is why I love and praise God. That God makes people who can make stuff like this. That God gifts people to gift others by giving them createdness....
Some people say, "If you don't believe in God, look at the world around you." I say, "If you don't believe in God, go see Wicked and tell me how all that talent - from visual images, to lighting, to sound, to character acting, to singing, to dancing, to set building, to costume design - could combine without an instigator and creator."

The theatre saves my soul.

2 comments:

Mr. Ben said...

The best ever? The music in that show seemed a little un-wicked to me when I listened to it on cd. (Please note the awsome use of a grammatically correct preposition at the end of a sentence)

Yea, I was joking with all the "ain't" references. I must noted that just because something is in the dictionary does not make it a word. Go look up "alright" it is in there but it just isn't a word. All right, check in later today for new posts. Love you, tell Polly-Wog I am deeply sorry that Marco Scuuuuutaro and his $1,550,000 dollar salary was too much for Rivera and his 10,550,000 salary I think Rivera makes more than his homeland country's GNP.

Later Newlynuptialed ones ;)

Mr. Ben said...

The best ever? The music in that show seemed a little un-wicked to me when I listened to it on cd. (Please note the awsome use of a grammatically correct preposition at the end of a sentence) Now you can say "Wicked" before everything you think is good.

Those Red Sox aren't they wicked good this year. Oh man your three bean salad with beets is wicked good. Don't you think that that pitcher is wicked good. Yowsers you got a wicked tatoo.

And the most ironic of all...

Wow, that sermon about Jesus was wicked

Umm, wicked means unjustifiable, malicious morally bad iniquitous malevolent ect... How did it ever get turned into an adjetive that describes good?
Yea, I was joking with all the "ain't" references. I must noted that just because something is in the dictionary does not make it a word. Go look up "alright" it is in there but it just isn't a word. All right, check in later today for new posts. Love you, tell Polly-Wog I am deeply sorry that Marco Scuuuuutaro and his $1,550,000 dollar salary was too much for Rivera and his 10,550,000 salary I think Rivera makes more than his homeland country's GNP.