Culture + Arts + Faith + Education

Thursday, November 16

nothing to say

In order to write a book you have to write everyday even if you have nothing to say. This is a sobering prospect to me because I view myself as lazy. Let me tell you, being engaged to
Mr. Turns-out-something-phenomenal-just-for-fun
doesn't make it any easier.

I know, I know, it's not a competition. BUT, I can't help but feel a little under-acheiver-ish when every night the man has some rant on theology and politics and history and whatever. Most nights, I want to watch TV. I guess I could rant about the shameful story lines. The content I have little problem. It's the poor quality of the writing that concerns me. No wonder our children speak poorly. They gets da gramma' fro' the telley!

Still, everyday writing is a discipline I suppose.

Whether for good or ill, spontaneous writing is like jazz for me.
It only sounds good if I know what key to play in; the theme on which to muse.

sigh.


I'm gonna go watch TV.

No comments: